Finding affordable organic cotton baby clothes can be quite a challenge. Here are some of my favorite tips for buying Hanna Andersson clothes while on a budget!
Hanna Andersson ranks as one of my top all-time favorite stores for buying adorable and modern organic baby clothes. They have a well-known reputation for selling high-quality baby, toddler and big kids clothing that is “hand-me-down quality”. And that “hand-me-down quality” is something that is super important to me. I have five boys who are let’s just say more than a little rough on their clothes, I want to be sure that I am buying clothes that will last.
Hanna Andersson definitely does not disappoint in the quality department. They are the epitome of the saying “You Get What You Pay For”. Their prices reflect the high-quality organic clothing and outfits that they sell. So as you can imagine they are pretty high.
With that being said I very rarely pay full price for any of my children’s organic clothes and you shouldn’t either. In this post, I am going to show you how I am able to get authentic Hanna Andersson clothes for cheap!
This post may contain affiliate links. I promise to only recommend products that I use with my own children. You can read my full affiliate disclosure policy here.
What makes baby clothes organic?
Before I get into my favorite tips for getting affordable Hanna Andersson clothing while on a budget. I think it is important to mention what makes baby clothes organic in the first place. Organic clothing is made from organic cotton…cotton that is grown without any pesticides. It is the same as buying organic fruits and vegetables. Just like you don’t want to eat pesticides on your food, you don’t want to wear pesticides on your clothes. And you certainly don’t want your babies and young children absorbing all of those toxic pesticides into their skin from wearing those clothes. If you want to avoid toxic chemicals in your baby’s room, read this post on designing an Organic Nursery. Of course, this is just a very simplified version of what makes baby clothes organic. There is much more to it than just avoiding pesticides.
GOTS Certified Organic Clothing and Oeko-Tex 100 Certified Clothing
Avoiding pesticides is really important for the health of your little one, but purchasing clothes that meet additional high safety standards is equally important. Baby clothes can often contain any combination of AZO dyes, BPA, flame retardants, formaldehyde, fragrance, PVC and/or lead. When you choose clothes that are GOTS certified or Oeko-Tex 100 certified you are choosing clothes that are free from the toxic chemicals that are shown to cause possible health and developmental issues in children. Fortunately, Hanna Andersson has clothing that is certified in both, just be sure to read the description to learn which clothes meet these standards and choose from those.
Things to Love about Hanna Andersson
I already mentioned that I am a really big fan of Hanna Andersson. But in case you are new to this company, I thought I would share some of the best things about this company.
- Most of the clothes that they sell are GOTS certified organic or Oeko-Tex 100 Certified so you can feel good when your children wear Hanna Andersson clothes.
- They have the perfect Scandanavian yet modern feel to them.
- One of my favorite Hanna Andersson lines is their Hanna and Friends line. They have Disney Princesses, Winnie the Pooh, Avengers, Batman, Spiderman, Peanuts and even Dr. Suess. Most of these items fall in the Oeko-Tex certified category so my kids can actually wear their favorite characters around thanks to Hanna.
- Hanna Andersson’s organic pajamas are super soft and last forever. They are a favorite of my kids and come in fun prints and characters as well.
- Their organic Training Unders have been one of my go-to potty training secrets since my first child.
The 7 Best Tips for Buying Hanna Andersson Clothes on a Budget
- Shop the Sales on Hanna Andersson’s Website: Most weekends Hanna Andersson runs some sort of a sale. It goes without saying that some sales are much better than others. My favorites sales are the ones where you can use savings codes on clothes that are already on sale (who doesn’t love to stack their savings!) In addition to the special sales that Hanna Andersson runs they also have a good size sale section (not an affiliate link) on their website. This includes clearance items and also their weekly deals that are up to 50% off.
- Frequent the Sale Section of Your Local Hanna Andersson Store: I have scored some real deals on Hanna Andersson clothing right in the store. The sale sections of the stores are separate from the official Hanna Andersson website sale section. There have been plenty of times when I have purchased items that are clearanced in my store but are still full-price online. The sale sections are always the first spots that I look through.
- Visit Hanna Andersson Outlet Stores: Did you know that you can get cheap Hanna Andersson clothing at one of their outlet stores? As far as I can tell the outlet locations are a mix of affordable clothing as well as full-price clothing. My local location also participates in all of the Hanna Andersson sales which makes for some awesome deals (did I mention I love to stack my savings?!)
- Check Out Zulily: I’m sure I am not alone when I talk about how addictive it is to check all of the daily events going on at Zulily. It is always an exciting morning when a Hanna Andersson event is happening! A word of warning though…you need to be fast because the Hanna Andersson clothes tend to sell out in the blink of an eye. I have found organic pajama sets for less than $10 and sweatshirts for $6 so definitely keep an eye out for them. It is hard to find authentic Hanna Andersson clothing for cheaper than that.
- Hanna Andersson on eBay: Every now and then I will check in on eBay and see what kind of Hanna Andersson inventory is available for sale. You can sometimes find affordable brand new clothing and outfits for really good prices. Even the gently used Hanna clothing is worth looking into. After all, Hanna Andersson is known for its “hand-me-down quality”.
- Hanna Andersson’s Bright Basics: This tip is not as exciting as a really big sale or anything. But Hanna Andersson’s Bright Basic’s line has some fairly priced organic outfits. As the name suggests they are in fact just… bright basics. It is just standard clothing: sweatshirts, sweatpants, shorts, t-shirts, etc. in bright happy colors. There are no graphics or characters in this line but that’s fine. Sometimes simple basics are just what you need for simple everyday wear. Every now and then Hanna Andersson will put these on sale. When they do I always make sure to stock up!
- Get Paid to Shop at Hanna Andersson: This tip isn’t exactly saving money per se, but it is still a really good tip for a mama on a budget. Whenever I place an online order with Hanna Andersson I make sure to always apply my cashback offers. I alternate between Rakuten(formerly Ebates) and Swagbucks depending on whoever is offering the highest percentage back for that day.
Want to earn cashback from Rakuten? If you sign up here, you will get a $10 bonus on your first order of $25
Want to save some money with Swagbucks? Join here and you will receive a bonus of 300 Swagbucks when you earn 300 Swagbucks for the month.
- To the Moon and Back: This is my favorite discovery of the past year. Hanna Andersson has recently released a line of baby clothes (up to 3T I believe) exclusively through Amazon that is called To The Moon and Back. I have made many purchases from this line since its release and seriously this is the real deal. This is Hanna Andersson quality at very affordable prices. They have everything you could imagine and are constantly adding new inventory. And the best part is everything in the line is GOTS certified organic cotton. It really doesn’t get better than this!
The Best Items from Hanna Andersson’s To The Moon and Back Line
I thought it would be kind of fun to share with you some of my favorite organic clothes from this new line. These are clothes that I have purchased for my babies and highly recommend.
- Long Sleeve Side Snap Bodysuit
These Long Sleeve Side Snap Bodysuits are perfect for everyday wear. I always choose onesies for my babies when they are little because it keeps their shirts down. So no cold tummies or backs. I love that they are more special than just the typical long-sleeve onesies with the kimono style snaps going down the side. And they come with cute prints and stripes.
- Organic Cotton Jogger
My boys love the Hanna Andersson Organic Cotton Jogger pants. At Hanna Andersson, these pants stop at size 90 (or size 2T). But they go up to size 5T in the To the Moon and Back line. This means I can buy them for years to come…yay! They are perfect for the fall and spring weather and also for lounging around the house. My boys even like to sleep in them because they are so soft and comfortable.
- Snap Front One-Piece Coverall
All-in-One outfits are my go-to. Anytime I don’t have to wrestle to put on a shirt and pants is a bonus! I have all of the Snap-Front One-Piece Coveralls that are available on Amazon right now, with this elephant print being my favorite. The hat is a nice added bonus even though my 7 month old always pulls it off his head.
- Baby/Toddler One-Piece Organic Cotton Footed Pajama
Of course pajamas! You can’t talk Hanna Andersson without talking about their amazing pajamas. These Baby One-Piece Organic Cotton Footed Pajamas are a particular favorite because they go up to size 3T. That’s right organic footed pajamas that are not just for small babies!! I have stocked up on these for all 3 of my younger boys. And don’t worry the feet do have grippers on them so you don’t have to worry about your little ones slipping and falling.